An Antenatal Consultation is an individual education and planning session to help you achieve your feeding goals. Perfect for first time mothers and for women who have had a previous difficult breastfeeding experience. Depending on your needs, we can discuss:
• what to expect in the first days after birth
• normal infant feeding behaviors
• identifying infant feeding cues
• optimal breastfeeding positioning
• how to know if your baby is getting enough milk
• how to hand express breast milk
• management of common breastfeeding problems
• managing potential problems with latch, milk supply, after breast surgery and chronic illness.
The breastfeeding consultation includes taking a comprehensive history of both you and your baby/babies. We will assess your baby’s growth, weight and general wellbeing. Together, we will observe a breastfeed and discuss how feeding is going. We will talk about your concerns and work together to develop a management plan to achieve your feeding goals.
The consultation fee includes the initial appointment in your home and 1 phone call follow-up.
Some common breastfeeding issues that we can assist with:
• Latching issues
• Milk Supply
• Breast development / surgery
• Premature Baby
• Multiple Birth
• Unwell Baby
• Cleft lip / palate
• Down Syndrome
• Special Needs
• Inducing lactation
Virtual Breastfeeding Consultation
The virtual breastfeeding consultation will provide the same service as listed above (Breastfeeding Consultation), adjusted to the Virtual setting. Online face to face meetings are an efficient way to manage breastfeeding concerns when a home visit is not possible.
Breast Care After Infant Loss
This service is for families who are experiencing breast changes or lactation after an infant loss such as stillbirth or neonatal death. Managing your breasts and breastmilk supply can seem overwhelming at this time. We will work with you to develop an individual management plan.